*Please note* – The below update was provided in March 2020 relating to bluedot 2020 only, and is no longer valid.
To the bluedot family –
We’d like to provide an update on the planning for this year’s festival, in relation to COVID-19 and our role as a large-scale event.
Firstly, thank you to the many of you who have already booked to join us this summer. As an independent festival, your support makes our unique weekend of music, science and culture possible each year, and we’re very excited for our fifth bluedot.
As bluedot takes place in July (nineteen weeks away), the current advice relating to COVID-19 suggests this year’s festival will be going ahead as planned. We of course are monitoring the situation and should anything change, we will update you. In the meantime, please follow official guidance and take care of yourselves and each other – we will be taking extra measures at the festival to protect your health and safety, which we will present in due course.
To give you peace of mind, in the event of us being forced to postpone this year’s festival ticketholders will be able to defer their ticket, boutique accommodation and upgrades in full to next year, or request a refund. We’ll update you on how that’ll work if that does have to happen.
Stay safe and we’ll see you beneath the Lovell Telescope soon.
The bluedot team